There is only one subject matter for education, and that is Life in all its manifestations.
Independent Film Distribution and Licensing: Issues for Public Libraries
This 60-minute webinar helps you gain knowledge about the economics of independent film and media, understand "best practices" of film programming in public libraries, and appreciate the legal obligations of licensing for public performance. We also discuss strategies to deepen relationships between independent filmmakers, community media organizations and public librarians.
- Anisa Raoof, Executive Director, Providence Children's Film Festival
- Kati Irons, audiovisual collection development librarian, Pierce County Library (WA) and author of the book, Film Programming in Public Libraries
- Eric Bilodeau, Director of Programming, Providence Children's Film Festival
- Leah Lubman, Manager, Providence Community Library
- Eugene Martin, professor and independent filmmaker specializing in youth and social justice issues
- Renee Hobbs, University of Rhode Island