A democratic civilization will save itself only if it makes the language of the image into a stimulus for critical reflection, not an invitation to hypnosis.
Independent Film Distribution and Licensing: Issues for Public Libraries
- Anisa Raoof, Executive Director, Providence Children's Film Festival
- Kati Irons, audiovisual collection development librarian, Pierce County Library (WA) and author of the book, Film Programming in Public Libraries
- Eric Bilodeau, Director of Programming, Providence Children's Film Festival
- Leah Lubman, Manager, Providence Community Library
- Eugene Martin, professor and independent filmmaker specializing in youth and social justice issues
- Renee Hobbs, University of Rhode Island