Professor Renee Hobbs will be keynoting the Media & Learning 2013 conference in Brussels, Belgium on December 12 - 13, 2013. Aimed at both policy makers and practitioners, the purpose of this annual event is to identify policies and initiatives that promote digital and media competence at all levels of education and training as well as to promote best-practice in the take-up and application of media in education and training. At this conference we will be discussing:
- the urgency of embedding digital and media literacy skills amongst the European workforce
- how best to convince stakeholders about the importance of embedding digital and media skills amongst learning professionals and learners at all levels of education and training
Participate in the FREE online webinar on Thursday, December 5 at 10 AM EST.
Watch these 2 videos featuring Renee Hobbs which have been produced to promote the conference:
The conference will also include:
- practical learning opportunities showing how you can apply all types of media in education and training through workshops and hands-on training sessions
- information sessions describing lots of different initiatives and developments linked to this field supported by European and national programmes
- sessions linked to the MEDEA Awards 2013, a competition now in its sixth year that recognises and rewards excellence in this field. These sessions will feature winners and finalists from the past and current competitions.