How do viewers make sense of the different kinds of realism in the images we see in films and television?
Work With Us
INTERNSHIP: Editorial Assistant at the Journal of Media Literacy Education
The Editorial Team at the Journal of Media Literacy Education is seeking an assistant to help with the regular operation of the journal. This unpaid internship position offers a unique opportunity to learn ins and outs of editing an online academic journal, while providing a valuable support to the international media literacy community.
We seek interns who can devote 5 hours per week to this project starting from August 1. The internship will have a trial/learning period of 90 days, by the end of which you will be provided an evaluation of your work. If the evaluation is positive, you will be invited to stay in this position for a year.
The assistant will work with the current co-editors of the journal to facilitate a variety of tasks:
- communication with authors (answering questions about potential or current submissions)
- working with reviewers, e.g., sending review requests and expanding the reviewer database
- seeking new copy-editors and facilitating work of the existing team
- trouble-shooting operations of the online platform of the journal, including communication with the online help desk
- preparing news blasts about upcoming issues
- filtering initial submissions and, later in the internship, helping make decisions on reviewed manuscripts