The Code of Best Practices in Fair Use for Media Literacy Education puts an end to copyright confusion! Check out our case study videos, Schoolhouse-Rock style music videos, as well as our readings, activities and lesson plans for high school and college students to learn about copyright and fair use as they apply to teaching and learning with digital media, mass media and popular culture. As copyright advocates, we have used the DMCA exemption process to help ensure that K-12 teachers and students can maintain their fair use of film DVDs.
Copyright and Fair Use
Finally, a media literacy textbook written by Renee Hobbs!
Now it's easier than ever to engage students and support learning through creating videos, animations, infographics and more
An essential guide for educators designing synchronous and asynchronous learning experiences.
Undergraduate and graduate students benefit from exploring the multidisciplinary history of media literacy
Reflect on why digital and media literacy matters for learning and teaching
Help students learn to ask questions about what they read, see, watch and listen to.
Propaganda Education for a Digital Age: New Book Plus Online Learning Modules
Research and Scholarship
- Kelly Mendoza..(2007,). How do Girls Experience an Online Game for Media Literacy?: A Research Proposal .
- Kelly Mendoza, K., Pereira, T. Xu, W., & Yoon, J...(2007,).Seeing through the Blog: A Case Study of the Scarsdale Current Events Blog .
- Kelly Mendoza..(2007,).Connecting the Literature on Girls and the Internet to Evaluation Ideas for My Pop Studio .
- Henry Cohn-Geltner..(2007,).An examination of the impact of media literacy programs on reengaging high school dropouts in the academic process .
- Jiwon Yoon..(2007,).Media Education: Benefits for Students and Teachers at Alternative High Schools .
- Renee Hobbs, Paul Folkemer & Katie Donnelly..(2007,).Teens Blog the News .
- Renee Hobbs..(2004,January).Does Media Literacy Work? An Empirical Study of Learning How to Analyze Advertisements Advertising and Society Review ,1-28.
- Renee Hobbs..(2004,).A Review of School-based Initiatives in Media Literacy American Behavioral Scientist,48-59.
- Friesem, Y..(2017,).The media production hive: Using media education for differentiated instruction. Media Education- Studies, Research, Best Practice, 8(1), 123-140. doi:10.14605/MED811708,.