Renee Hobbs is delighted to offer a two-day, fully-online program to Nebraska educators, librarians, and technology leaders on November 16 and 17, 2022. This event is sponsored by the ESU Coordinating Council.
Propaganda Education for a Digital Age: Book and Online Learning
Undergraduate and graduate students benefit from exploring the multidisciplinary history of media literacy
Hobbs' theoretical model of digital and media literacy reveals it to be a lifelong learning process
Finally, a media literacy textbook written by Renee Hobbs!
Now it's easier than ever to engage students and support learning through creating videos, animations, infographics and more
After almost 30 years, it's a classic resource for K-12 teachers from the Media Education Lab!
An essential guide for educators designing synchronous and asynchronous learning experiences.
Research and Scholarship
- Primack B.A., Gold M.A., Switzer G.E., Hobbs R., Land S.R., & Fine M.J...(2006,January).Development and Validation of a Smoking Media Literacy Scale Archives of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine,369-374.
- Primack, B.A., Hobbs, R., Switzer, G.E., Land, S., Fine, M.F. & Gold, M...(2006,January).Associations Between Media Literacy and Adolescent Smoking Journal of Adolescent Health,93-94.
- Hobbs, R...(2006,January).Non-Optimal Uses of Video in the Classroom Learning, Media and Technology,45-50.
- Hobbs, R. ..(2005,January).The State of Media Literacy Education Journal of Communication ,p. 865-871.
- Hobbs, R...(2005,January).Strengthening Media Education in the Twenty-first Century: Opportunities for the State of Pennsylvania Arts Education Policy Review,13-45.
- Hobbs, R...(2005,).What's News? Educational Leadership ,71-76.
- Hobbs, R...(2004,January).Media Literacy, General Semantics, and K-12 Education ETC: A Review of General Semantics,24-28.