The Media Education Lab is a global network of scholars, educators and activists who believe that media literacy education can promote global cultural understanding by increasing intellectual curiosity and recognizing and resisting stereotypes. Check out our collaborative project with the Roberts Elementary School on how media literacy can help children recognize and resist harmful cultural stereotypes. Media literacy can improve cultural understanding of people in the Middle East and through the Arab world.
International Media Literacy
An essential guide for educators designing synchronous and asynchronous learning experiences.
Finally, a media literacy textbook written by Renee Hobbs!
Help students learn to ask questions about what they read, see, watch and listen to.
Propaganda Education for a Digital Age: New Book Plus Online Learning Modules
Undergraduate and graduate students benefit from exploring the multidisciplinary history of media literacy
Talk about feelings & needs in ways that promote compassion & empathy
Research and Scholarship
- Renee Hobbs..(2013,).The Blurring of Art, Journalism and Advocacy I/S: A Journal of Law and Policy for the Information Society,.
- Renee Hobbs..(2011,March).Empowering learners with digital and media literacy. Knowledge Quest ,.
- Renee Hobbs..(2011,).Digital and Media Literacy: Connecting Classroom and Culture Thousand Oaks, CA: Corwin/Sage,Thousand Oaks, CA
- Renee Hobbs..(2010,December).Voices on Antisemitism: A Podcast Series United States Holocaust Memorial Museum.
- Renee Hobbs..(2010,).Digital and Media Literacy: A Plan of Action The Aspen Institute,Washington DC
- Renee Hobbs..(2010,).Copyright Clarity: How Fair Use Supports Digital Learning ,
- Renee Hobbs & Amy Petersen Jensen..(2009,).The past, present and future of media literacy education Journal of Media Literacy Education,1 - 11.
- Renee Hobbs..(2007,).Reading the Media: Media literacy in High School English ,https://digitalauthorshipuri.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/hobbs-reading-the-media-2007-book1.pdf