Members of the Media Education Lab explore the power of youth and community media production, working with our neighbors near and far to create learning experiences where young people experience the creativity of digital authorship through advancing collaboration, teamwork, respect and empathy.
Youth and Community Media Production
Have you been curious about what Tier 2 is all about? Want to reflect more about the Power of Two in relation to personal and professional identity and action?
AN INFORMATION LITERACY RESOURCE BASED ON THE ACRL FRAMEWORK
DATE: MONDAY AUGUST 10
Propaganda Education for a Digital Age
Undergraduate and graduate students benefit from exploring the multidisciplinary history of media literacy
Talk about feelings & needs in ways that promote compassion & empathy
Reflect on why digital and media literacy matters for learning and teaching
Now it's easier than ever to engage students and support learning through creating videos, animations, infographics and more
Research and Scholarship
- Renee Hobbs..(2017,).Create to Learn Introduction to Digital Literacy,
- Tuzel, S. & Hobbs, R..(2017,).The Use of Social Media and Popular Culture to Advance Cross-Cultural Understanding Communicar,63 - 72.
- Renee Hobbs, Maria Ranieri, Sandra Markus, Carolyn Fortuna, Mia Zamora & Julie Coiro..(2017,).Digital Literacy in Higher Education: A Report Providence RI: Media Education Lab..
- Renee Hobbs..(2017,).Teach the Conspiracies Knowledge Quest,.
- Renee Hobbs & Julie Coiro..(2016,May).Everyone Learns From Everyone: Collaborative and Interdisciplinary Professional Development in Digital Literacy Journal of Adolescent and Adult Literacy,623 - 629.
- Renee Hobbs..(2016,March).Lessons in copyright activism: K-12 education and the DMCA 1201 exemption rulemaking process. International Journal of Information and Communication Technology Education,5- 63.
- Renee Hobbs and David Cooper Moore..(2016,).Learning Targets, Digital and Media Literacy Competencies, K-6 Media Education Lab.
- Renee Hobbs (Ed)..(2016,).Exploring the Roots of Digital and Media Literacy through Personal Narrative Temple University Press,Philadelphia