What competencies are required to be skillful in accessing and using digital information resources?
Twitter Chat: Media Literacy and Social Studies
Join us on Monday, February 6th at 7 p.m. for a free Twitter chat on Media Literacy and Social Studies, moderated by Renee Hobbs
Here's some questions to guide the night:
1. How is media literacy integrated into the subject you teach?
2. Is media literacy different for different classes and disciplines? Why or why not?
3. How is media literacy integrated into World and American history classes?
4. How is media literacy integrated into civics classes?
5. What strategies help deepen discussion of current events to incorporate critical media literacy concepts and ideas?
6. What are some of your current favorite resources, assignments and activities for teaching media literacy in history?
7. What would help you teach media literacy more effectively as a social studies teacher?
8. What do you want your students to learn more about when it comes to mass media, digital media, popular culture and the teaching of history?