Teachers, students, consumers, creators and innovators ... need access to copyrighted material in order to make - or prepare to make - their own contributions to cultural and economic progress.
Book Launch Party
We're delighted to announce a book launch party!
DATE: Monday, July 15, 2019
TIME: 5:30 - 6:30 pm
LOCATION: What Cheer Writers Club, 160 Westminster St, Second Floor. Providence, RI 02903
It's time to celebrate with the Media Education Lab as we anounce the publication of The Library Screen Scene by Renee Hobbs, Liz Deslauriers and Pam Steager, published by Oxford University Press. Special invited guests include:
- Cheryl Space, Director of the Providence Community Library
- Margot Nishimura, Art historian and interim dean of libraries, Rhode Island School of Design
- Mary Moen, Professor in the Graduate School of Library and Information Studies, Harrington School of Communication and Media, University of Rhode Island
- Jack Martin, Executive director of the Providence Public Library
- Wes Fryer, Director of Technology for the Casady School in Oklahoma City
- Kathy Ishizuka, Executive editor, School Library Journal
In this comprehensive examination of film and media literacy education in school, public and academic libraries, stories from more than 170 libraries are captured and shared.
This event is free and open to the public. We hope many of the talented Rhode Island librarians featured in the book will attend!