We become what we behold.
Media Smart Seminars: Drug Free PA
Renee Hobbs offered a day-long workshop to prevention educators on October 28, 2013 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in King of Prussia, PA. You can download her PPT slides and check out the videos she used in her workshop here. Examples of some of the dynamic hands-on instructional strategies used in this workshop included:
- Learn to use Twitter and join an online community
- Deconstruct a music video and make a poster
- Offer warm - cool feedback
- Conduct an interview about celebrities or famous people you admire and dislike
- Walk the line: Is social media video chat harmful or harmless?
- Analyze pop music references to substance abuse: do media messages glorify or warn?