How do students learn to identify the credibility of information?
International Job Opportunity, Post-Doc in Media Literacy
Our friends at the Catholic University of Louvain in Belgium have launched a call for application for incoming post-doc fellowships (12-24 months). They are looking for outstanding candidates with an international research profile to submit an application in response to this call under our supervision. The proposed research activities would have to be in line with current research in the field of media literacy, along the following lines:
- the conceptual definition of media literacy;
- the development of validated media literacy levels assessment tools;
- the relationship between the individuals' media literacy levels and their ability to appropriate contemporary societal issues (e.g.health, sustainable development, environmental issues, economic issues) through the media;
- the relative efficiency of media education initiatives depending on their pedagogy:
- the practical introduction of media education in school curricula.