A combination of "tool competence" and cognitive skills are needed.
Internship Opportunities, Fall 2011
Internships at the Media Education Lab are unpaid with academic credit available and opportunities for growth for those who prove themselves as standout hires. WE ARE NOW HIRING FOR FALL 2011. THIS IS THE LAST OPPORTUNITY FOR PHILADELPHIA-AREA STUDENTS TO WORK AT THE MEDIA EDUCATION LAB. Financial stipends may be available for well qualified candidates who can offer more than 20 hours of work per week. Internships are available in the following areas:
Video/Web Production. Responsible for supporting My Pop Studio and the Powerful Voices for Kids program:
- Logging and editing footage
- Transcriping and subtitling videos
- Video interviews with current teachers and students
- Maintaining the My Pop Studio website
News Media/Communications. Responsible for aiding in Media & Communications efforts in the following areas:
- Research write and proofread news stories
- Assist in developing publications, constituent updates, press releases and event notifications.
- Assist with media campaigns through social networking sites like Twitter & Facebook
- Research appropriate reporters & media outlets
Research. Responsible for aiding in Research efforts in the following areas:
- Locate, summarize and report findings from surveys and studies related to media literacy education
- Assist with video logging, transcribing and report preparation
- Office organization and general administration
- Grassroots outreach
- Special event planning and details
- Assistance with mailings & donor communications
Please email Renee Hobbs (email@example.com) with your resume and cover letter including your earliest start date, availability (in approximate hours per week),
For administrative purposes please put the following format as the subject of your email: Position - Last Name, First Name.
Please no phone calls regarding these positions.