Everybody experiences far more than he understands. Yet it is experience, rather than understanding, that influences behavior.
Newsweek's Media Literacy Skills Builder
Help students understand advertising, media ownership, and issues of representation.
Analyzing the media
- Assessing your communication skills
- The media literacy remote control
- Five critical questions
- Media use motives
- CREATE: Keep a media journal
- Poetry and advertising
- Attitudes about advertising
- CREATE: Analyze two ads
Who owns the media?
- Understanding media economics
- Analyzing leads on AOL-Time Warner merger
- Cartoon merger
- What's in a Letter?
- CREATE: Write a letter to the editor
- Manhood on the mat
- TV's skin-deep take on race
- The culture of celebrity
- Four by four on fame
- CREATE: An interview and audio essay
To order, contact:
Newsweek Education Program
1 (800) 526-2595