Learning is a social process that occurs through interpersonal interaction within a cooperative context. Individuals, working together, construct shared understandings and knowledge.
Social Justice in Education
DATE: February 26, 2019
TIME: 2 pm EST
LOCATION: University Club Room 101
Renee Hobbs is offering a special program for students enrolled in Professor Kayon Murray's "Social Justice in Education," a course that looks at groups who have been historically marginalized.
CRITICALLY ANALYZING MEDIA REPRESENTATIONS
- Media literacy as an expanded conceptualization of literacy
- Activity 1: Walk the Line: Identify and discuss 10 types of "fake news"
- Activity 2: Analyze media with critical questions
- Activity 3: View and comment on media representations
- Strategies for embedding media literacy concepts and instructional practices in the K-12 curriculum