Students learn what they care about, from people they care about and who, they know, care about them.
2020 Northeast Media Literacy Conference
The 15th Annnual Northeast Media Literacy Conference will be held November 6 - 7, 2020 in a fully-online format!
Going Global and Going Online
DATE: November 6 - 7, 2020
Welcome to the 15th Annual Northeast Media Literacy Conference, a fully-online and global conference!
When you join us on November 6 - 7, 2020, you will join more than 300 educators, students, researchers, librarians and media professionals for knowledge sharing and dialogue about best practices in media literacy education.
We have so much to learn from each other! Here's 5 steps to maximize your conference experience:
1. Create your profile. Conferences are powerful ways to build your personal and professional network. Compose a profile that helps people understand what they might be able to learn from you.
2. Select sessions to attend. With more than 50 sessions available, you will have to be strategic and intentional. Use the Agenda to select sessions and add them to your Google Calendar.
3. Visit the Community space. Here you can participate in "slow conversations" that unroll over time. Explore the profiles of participants and reach out to interact with them.
4. Visit the Sponsors and Exhibitors who show their support for media literacy. See what they are offering you!
5. Download the mobile app to see additional features, including photo sharing, a photo caption contest, a leaderboard with prizes, and more!
Check out these special events!
We are looking forward to seeing you at the Northeast Media Literacy Conference!
Michelle Ciccone and Pam Steager
Co-Chairs, Northeast Media Literacy Conference