Help students understand how copyright and fair use supports creativity and the spread of knowledge
It's more important than ever before to understand the scope of your rights and responsibilities as a digital author. That's why Renee Hobbs wrote 2 books about copyright!
Copyright Clarity: How Fair Use Supports Digital Learning has become a best-seller, offering essential reading for teachers, students and others who are advancing digital and media literacy education.
The Routledge Companion on Media Education, Copyright and Fair Use is an edited book with chapters by leading experts from the fields of media studies, law, education and technology studies. It provides readers with the scholarly and professional context for understanding how new conceptualizations of copyright and fair use are reshaping pedagogy and creative practice.
- copyright education videos, including our famous schoolhouse rock style music videos, what's copyright? And user rights, section 107
- video case studies of teachers whose informed perspective on copyright enables them to offer powerful media literacy learning experiences to students
- The Code Of Best Practices In Fair Use For Media Literacy Education helps you understand your rights and responsibilities when teachers and students use copyrighted materials for learning purposes
- Read the public statement of library copyright specialists: fair use and emergency remote teaching and research
- Access lesson plans for college students
- Downloadthe 2-page flyer, copyright in education from the media education lab
- Document the fair use reasoning process using google forms
- Downloadslides for offering a staff development program on copyright and fair use
- Revise your school policies. Access a model school copyright policy you can use as a template for your school.
- Get training! Email renee hobbs at email@example.com or explore media education lab events to learn about the trainings we have provided to school districts across the country.