The Media Education Lab has been featured in a variety of publications. Here's a sample:
Our Favorite Publications
- National Public Radio. Illinois now requires media literacy in its high school curriculum
- CBS News. Illinois high school students to receive media literacy instruction this yea
- Vice News. The subtle (and not so subtle) military propaganda in movies.
- Scientific American. Schoolkids are Falling Victim to Disinformation and Conspiracy Fantasies
- Check it Out: Renee's white paper is listed as a top 10 reading in critical digital literacy
- Slate Confused about Screen Time? You Aren't Alone
- New York Times: In France, School Lessons Ask: Which Twitter Post Should You Trust?
Home and Family
- Good Housekeeping How to Raise a Good Citizen.
- Ozy. The latest weapon against fake news? Video games.
- UOL (Brazil) Alone, education cannot end misinformation, says expert.
- Asahi Shimbum (Japan) A feature story on media literacy in Asahi Shimbum
- SmartNews Japan 全ての子供たちにメディアリテラシー教育を～ルネ・ホッブス教授インタビュー(前篇)
- Liputan 6 (Malaysia) Hoaks dan Pentingnya Menutup Celah dalam Pengajaran Literasi Media Digital
- Ekathimerini (Greece) Report shows media literacy is gaining a foothold in Greece.
- News Road (Korea) 미국의 미디어 리터러시 교육 '디지털시민 양성'
- The Conversation (Phillippines) Masih ada banyak celah dalam pengajaran literasi media digital di level sekolah
- AuFemin (France) YouTubeur qui tue sa compagne : il faut en finir avec la mode des "pranks"
Close to Home
- Providence Business News: Media Education Lab launching Courgageous RI to combat propaganda, disinformation
- Boston Globe. In a push to counter misinformation, R.I. to launch public conversations to foster media literacy
- Boston Globe. Is your school district in Rhode Island teaching media literacy?
- Featured in URI Alumni Magazine
- WPRI Channel 12. Community Focus: Media Education Lab's Pam Steager
- Cranston Herald: In New Book, Teachers Shares Story of Journey to Whole New Life
- Generocity: "Propaganda is the cause and cure for what ails us"
- NCTE Council Chronicle It All Begins with Story: Using Film to Deepen Engagement and Build Critical Thinking Skills.
- Harvard EdCast Propaganda for a Digital Age, podcast with Jill Anderson.
- Education Week Six Ways to Make Sense of the Capitol Siege
- Education Week Making Current Events Connections to Lessons.
- EdSurge. 9 Things Every Teacher Should Know about Using Listicles in Class
- Education Dive How to Teach 9/11 When Most Students were Born after the Tragedy.
- Education Week Facebook Pushes Digital Literacy with New Lesson Library.
- Education Week From Digital Divide to Innovation Divide.
- KSAT, January 10. How to become media literate, avoid misinformation (Hobbs)
- PBS Wisconsin: Media Literacy Certification
- CleanTechnica: How are Both Landscapes Similar? They’re Both Polluted
- Boston Globe: How Rhode Islanders Reacted to Biden’s Win
- Washington Informer: U.S. Residents Brace For Violence - Especially if Trump Loses
- The Atlantic: The Internet Won’t Be the Same After Trump
- OZY: The Latest Weapon Against Fake News? Video Games
- KSAT: How Conspiracies like QAnon Go from Fringes to Forefront of Social Media
- JD Supra: Entitled to Copyright Erasure? VNExpress. Donald Trump đã thay đổi Internet thế nào
- Outsourcing News. [신간안내] 디지털·미디어 리터러시 수업