The State of Media Literacy in Rhode Island
We join with Media Literacy Now Rhode Island in celebrating the 2017 National Media Literacy Week on Monday, November 6th with a webinar featuring the many talented educators and activists who are helping advance the media literacy competencies of children, youth, students and adults. Join us!
LIVE WEBINAR AGENDA
Moderator: Renee Hobbs
1. Introductions: Who is here today? What is your role?
2. Context of WHY media literacy for college and career readiness - Dr. Mark Garceau (Superintendent, Westerly Public Schools)
3. Definitions & problems of practice - Pam Steager (Media Education Lab) & Amanda Murphy (Westerly HS)
4. Student works & products - Brien Jennings, (Narragansett Elementary School)
5. Screening of Flipgrids & roundtable discussion - Lori Huntley (West Warwick HS)
6. States that have integrated Media Literacy - Erin McNeil (Media Literacy Now)
7.Resources available: Books, Films, Conferences, Speakers - Mary Moen (UIRI)
8. Next steps on how to continue to engage & create actionable steps for RIDE
- Who are the stakeholders?
- Who are potential advocates?