Support reflection on why digital and media literacy matters for learning and teaching
Now it's easier than ever to engage students and support learning through creating videos, animations, infographics and more
Explore the crowdsourced gallery of over 2,500 examples from around the world
Help students learn to ask questions about what they read, see, watch and listen to.
Books for young learners: It's never to early to be smart about media!
Understand how copyright and fair use supports digital learning
Guided inquiry & viewing of Adam Ruins the Internet helps learners judge the pros and cons of digital life and reflect on the role of media regulation.
Research and Scholarship
- Renee Hobbs & David Cooper Moore ..(2013,).Discovering Media Literacy: Digital Media and Popular Culture in Elementary School Corwin/Sage,Thousand Oaks, CA
- Renee Hobbs..(2013,).The Blurring of Art, Journalism and Advocacy I/S: A Journal of Law and Policy for the Information Society,.
- Renee Hobbs..(2011,March).Empowering learners with digital and media literacy. Knowledge Quest ,.
- Renee Hobbs..(2011,).Digital and Media Literacy: Connecting Classroom and Culture Thousand Oaks, CA: Corwin/Sage,Thousand Oaks, CA
- Renee Hobbs..(2010,December).Voices on Antisemitism: A Podcast Series United States Holocaust Memorial Museum.
- Renee Hobbs..(2010,).Digital and Media Literacy: A Plan of Action The Aspen Institute,Washington DC
- Renee Hobbs..(2010,).Copyright Clarity: How Fair Use Supports Digital Learning ,
- Renee Hobbs & Amy Petersen Jensen..(2009,).The past, present and future of media literacy education Journal of Media Literacy Education,1 - 11.
- Renee Hobbs..(2007,).Reading the Media: Media literacy in High School English ,https://digitalauthorshipuri.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/hobbs-reading-the-media-2007-book1.pdf