Media literacy needs to start at home. Parents can be the best teachers of media literacy. Instead of merely restricting children's media usage, parents can engage in discussions about the messages embedded in their children's favorite media and how those messages relate to the family's own values. In an age where children grow up talking with Alexa and screen use is a ubiquitous part of daily life, media literacy in the home is more important than ever before.
Media and Family
Explore and reflect on how college and university faculty engage in teaching about propaganda with a diverse group of faculty experts
Have you been curious about what Tier 2 is all about? Want to reflect more about the Power of Two in relation to personal and professional identity and action?
Propaganda Education for a Digital Age: New Book Plus Online Learning Modules
Undergraduate and graduate students benefit from exploring the multidisciplinary history of media literacy
Talk about feelings & needs in ways that promote compassion & empathy
Reflect on why digital and media literacy matters for learning and teaching
Now it's easier than ever to engage students and support learning through creating videos, animations, infographics and more
Research and Scholarship
- Media Education Lab ..(,).Mind Over Media: Teaching About Propaganda (Francais) .
- Renee Hobbs & Yonty Friesem..(2019,).The Creativity of Imitation in Remake Videos E-Learning and Digital Media,.
- Yonty Friesem..(2019,).Teaching Truth, Lies, and Accuracy in the Digital Age Journalism and Mass Communication Educator,.
- Media Literacy Now Rhode Island..(2018,August).Media Literacy Now Rhode Island: Recommendations to RIDE .
- ..(2018,).Mind Over Media Finnish Lesson Plans - Sujmmary in English .
- Renee Hobbs and Lourdes Smith..(2018,).Digital Authorship: Issues and Implications for Educators Primer: Massachusetts Reading Association,.
- Evanna Ratner & Yonty Friesem..(2018,).Civic media as a cultural dialogue: Arab and Jewish teachers & documentary filmmaking in Israel Journal of Media Literacy,.