Renee Hobbs is delighted to offer a two-day, fully-online program to Nebraska educators, librarians, and technology leaders on November 16 and 17, 2022. This event is sponsored by the ESU Coordinating Council.
Propaganda Education for a Digital Age: Book and Online Learning
Undergraduate and graduate students benefit from exploring the multidisciplinary history of media literacy
Hobbs' theoretical model of digital and media literacy reveals it to be a lifelong learning process
Finally, a media literacy textbook written by Renee Hobbs!
Now it's easier than ever to engage students and support learning through creating videos, animations, infographics and more
After almost 30 years, it's a classic resource for K-12 teachers from the Media Education Lab!
An essential guide for educators designing synchronous and asynchronous learning experiences.
Research and Scholarship
- Hobbs, R., Jaszi, P. and Aufderheide, P..(2009,).How media literacy educators reclaimed copyright and fair use International Journal of Learning and Media,33 - 48.
- Hobbs, R..(2009,).Medienpädagogik in den Vereinigten Staaten von Amerika. (trans: Media Literacy Education in the United States) Merz,.
- Primack, B & Hobbs, R...(2009,).Which specific components of media literacy are most strongly associated with adolescent smoking? American Journal of Health Behavior,192 - 201.
- Hobbs, R...(2009,).Best Practices Help End Copyright Confusion Council Chronicle,12-13, 27.
- Culver, S.H...(2008,June).Media Education Lab End of Year Report Media Education Lab, Temple University..
- Hobbs, R...(2008,March).Copyright Confusion is Shortchanging our Students Education Week ,26, 29.
- Renee Hobbs ..(2008,).Media Literacy Entry in Encyclopedia International Encyclopedia of Children, Adolescents and the Media,.
- Hobbs, R. and Rowe, J...(2008,).Creative Remixing and Digital Learning: Developing an Online Media Literacy Tool for Girls Digital literacy: Tools and methodologies for an information society,230 - 241.
- Hobbs, R...(2007,October).Approaches to Instruction and Teacher Education in Media Literacy Higher Education Research & Evaluation 1(China), 58-64.,.
- Hobbs, R., Broder, S., Pope, H. & Rowe, J...(2006,January).How Adolescent Girls Interpret Weight-Loss Advertising Health Education Research,719-730.