Talk about feelings & needs in ways that promote compassion & empathy
Explore the crowdsourced gallery of over 2,500 examples from around the world
Reflect on why digital and media literacy matters for learning and teaching
Now it's easier than ever to engage students and support learning through creating videos, animations, infographics and more
Help students learn to ask questions about what they read, see, watch and listen to.
Research and Scholarship
- Renee Hobbs..(2017,).Teaching and Learning in a Post-Truth World Educational Leadership,.
- Renee Hobbs..(2016,May).When teens create the news: Examining the impact of PBS News Hour Student Reporting Labs Journalism Education,61-73.
- University of Rhode Island..(2014,February).Graduate Certificate in Digital Literacy University of Rhode Island.
- Hobbs, R. & Donnelly, K. Friesem, J. & Moen, M. ..(2013,August).Evaluation of PBS NewsHour Student Reporting Labs University of Rhode Island.
- Renee Hobbs, Nuala Cabral, Aggie Ebrahimi, Jiwon Yoon & Rawia Al-Humaidan ..(2011,June).Field-Based Teacher Education in Elementary Media Literacy as a Means to Promote Global Understanding Action in Teacher Education,144 - 156.
- Kelly Mendoza..(2007,). How do Girls Experience an Online Game for Media Literacy?: A Research Proposal .
- Kelly Mendoza, K., Pereira, T. Xu, W., & Yoon, J...(2007,).Seeing through the Blog: A Case Study of the Scarsdale Current Events Blog .
- Kelly Mendoza..(2007,).Connecting the Literature on Girls and the Internet to Evaluation Ideas for My Pop Studio .
- Henry Cohn-Geltner..(2007,).An examination of the impact of media literacy programs on reengaging high school dropouts in the academic process .
- Jiwon Yoon..(2007,).Media Education: Benefits for Students and Teachers at Alternative High Schools .